With the help of one of our customers, we found a bug in the AOL for Windows converter where the converter would crash on certain kinds of badly-formed HTML content.

Emailchemy has to fix image tags in the original AOL content so that the images will display correctly outside of AOL.  If the image tag wasn’t closed or terminated correctly, then the converter would get stuck in a loop.

We’ve changed the algorithm for how the image tags are fixed, making the converter more resilient to bad or corrupt input. This change affects both the AOL for Windows converter and the AOL for Mac converter.

Tagged on: